Friday 19 April 2024

Whispers of Yesterday: A Family’s Unfolding Story of Loss and Redemption

 

I woke up; it was a peaceful day.

I had no deadlines and no more worries that day.

I was not obliged to fulfill any more expectations from then on.

I went to my room and saw my father.

Looking at my sketches,

I still remember how one day

He stripped them of the wall.

But now these sketches were slowly fading away.

The tears rolled down his face.

that made Kakashi Hatake cry silently.

Who knew that one day?

My father himself would make that sketch come alive.

I saw my mother in the hall.

looking at my old photo hung on the wall.

Believing that all this was just a nightmare

and I will wake her up.

She couldn’t contemplate that that photo was in the past.

and in the present, it is only a fond memory.

I saw my sister as a strong and independent being.

I could feel her life turning gray.

Never in my short life had I thought

that one day our fondest memories will flash before her like a movie.

I finally saw myself for the first time in many years.

That sight made me lose faith in mirrors.

Mirrors reflected a jolly and happy me.

(Fake)

What I saw was completely opposite.

shattered, disfigured, and the scariest thing I could ever imagine.

Now even though I wish to taste the worries,

Rush to meet the deadlines,

and work to meet the never-ending expectations again.

No comments:

Post a Comment